THE LAST LAP

 THE LAST LAP





Life has taken a toll
Since I was born
Cheerful, I tried to be
From inside I was torn.
My emotions were challenged
Every now and then
Everyone left me, crying alone in the rain.
Life is hard, I know
Mostly it is never on your side
Up to the sky, you will be raised
Only to be swallowed by the tide.
Friends at school were never close
They just pretended to be
For in all the wars, I stood alone
None standing by me.
Fame, Name, I have earned few
But only these won't suffice
For human is a social being
They need some people nice.
Well, moreover dude, this is India
And I am born a boy
The puppet of family ambitions
And an emotional toy
I am not supposed to have
Any heartbreaks, never cry
Even if I am sad my friend
I am supposed to lie.
To wear a smile, how fake it might be
But never drop a tear
May the nights be pitch black
But I am not allowed to fear.
Yes, this made me a Lion
A brave lion in the war
But the lion is wounded now, 
Fighting alone so far.
Wars come, I keep them winning
But my swords are trembling
Someday the blades might break forever
Leaving my blood oozing.
Well, my fortune was a bigger player
It played a worse game
For when I somehow recovered
My life got her name.
A love, a bond, care I felt
Was flowing from her to me
But I was only fooled 
Because it was just a gimmick
Despite I tried to swim ashore
With my last pump of breath
I was only sinking down
Deep below the trade.
Still, I kept trying so hard
To win her somehow
But at last, I realized
That I am dead now.
My emotions, my hopes 
All have been buried
I am just living in silence,
So you won't find me worried.
Dedication? I have lost it
Just walking towards my grave
Breathing my last breaths and counting my days
But yet, with this wounded livery
I have to fight once more
To show the world who the Lion is 
To burn again and roar
But I promise you, once I am done
I won't ask for any reward
I will slide away at peace
Because I know I'm not a coward
I have battled, borne scars
Wore badges of sacrifice
Only I had a small problem, my luck wasn't that nice
But nothing to repent
Because I know I am done
Taking away the remorse with me
Giving you all the fun
And I know when you will read this
In your mind, you will clap
The life I led has come to end
I am in my last lap.

                                                                              --- Lucifer       









Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FROM THE OTHER END : PART 1

THE CYBER FRIEND

Mission: HAYABUSA