AWAY FROM HOME

 


When COVID came and the world locked down,
The initial days were boring.
The casual hangouts were missing
As things were far from restoring.
I missed my jolly college days,
The fun-filled chillings and talks
The soothing breeze every afternoon
With gentle aimless walks
The rush for mess, the dunk fights
That made our days vibrant
The howling rooms of the hostels
Have then all gone silent.
A month passed, then two
The cases were on the rise
To stay at home and take good care
Were advised by the wise.
But bored we got, sitting alone
With nothing much to do
But solitude was the tonic then,
The bane became a boon.
I took my laptop and got started
To find a way out
To bring me something interesting
To pass my time, no doubt.
Gradually, something caught my eye
Addicted to it I got.
It was nothing but development
Those that suit my accord.
I was gradually pulled in by the quicksand of knowledge
To explore the sea of thoughts
To arm myself with the resources
As resources were in lots.
As days passed, things changed outside
I was still a cocoon
Building myself with practice and patience
Toiling night and noon.
The internet is indeed so vast
So much to learn from here
If once you get it's real taste
You won't bother going elsewhere.
Works are rewarded, so was for mine
My affection for knowledge was on soar
Everyday, I just kept thinking
"What else I can learn more?"
Answers were hidden in the questions
Treasure hunt for more treasure
Now I was no more bored
My boredom has given me pleasure.
Then came the semesters of our college
Hated by all and me
But with google by our side all the time
We had remarkable victory.
But every phase of good spells are also broken by bad
Such was for us when long tideous classes
Literally got us mad.
A break was needed. A break was needed
Long was the stressful war
Luckily our wish was granted
And we had some days to be far.
But within this time, I had changed a lot
I guess, it wasn't that wrong
Because this phase of my life
Taught me to use the tongs
To pick up the true and kick off the rest
Because that's how the world goes
Being too bad or being too good
Both invite nothing but foes.
But I hadn't noticed that a worse enemy 
Was waiting out for me.
Our college called us back to campus
As Covid has left it's spree
But I truly felt my parent's love
The love which I missed so long
The lockdown had brought us all together
And kept us bound so strong
When college summons me
Back to the war
To finish the incomplete task
To take up vaccine reports as a badge
And wear the shield of mask
My eyes fill up with tears for my home
As a soldier feels for his motherland
I can't lift my suitcase again
With my memory-laden hands
Life is short, nobody knows
When we will be late
Just our memories will keep echoing
With the list of happy days
As I wave back to my mother a goodbye
Nostalgia hits me harsh
For 5 long months, I won't see her
The way I did for 2 years
The lovely dawns looked depressing
The roads and buildings in grief
As we head on to the destination
Flashbacks do the brief
I can see my days passing, 
And I can't hold them back
Perhaps this is the verdict of time
The past's almanack
Newer days will come, with bigger scopes
Out from my comfort zone
And that's how the story ends
As I go away from home



--- Lucifer












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FROM THE OTHER END : PART 1

THE CYBER FRIEND

Mission: HAYABUSA