SHALLOWS

 

When the skies turned dark

When the storms came close.

When you lost your last ray of hope.

When the world turned away,

Your dearest left you

And the people whom you trusted,

Betrayed you.

When the stress held you back

When hurdles startled you

When failures caused you pains

Tears rolled past your cheeks

And anxiety swallowed you.

You had none by your side

When you were being tossed

By the time's ruthless tides.

Your love was taking you easy

Your friends were all away and busy

When you had responsibilities to take

And help you to make

Yourself. Then,

I held your hands.

I stayed by your side

Supported you in all lows

Praised you in your highs

You have tried to work along

And I too worked for

Just to make you victorious

And outshine this war.

Do you remember?

When you used to weep.

You felt everything was ending

And the pace you couldn't keep.

I motivated you, 

Loved you, cared for you.

You scolded me, misunderstood

Yet, I stayed, never getting rude.

I was suffering, but I healed you.

You were getting empty, but I filled you

With compassion, with hope

To help you take hold of the life, 

Firmly holding the rope.

Despite these, when I needed a small favour

You changed. Changed forever.

Luckily, you got back your love

Your long lost life

The happiness that you needed

The care that you pleaded.

And forgot me.

I became a secondary.

I became negative for you.

Amazing, you showed your colours true.

And left me hollow, 

More broken than I was.

That was your success dear.

Applause. Applause.

-------- THH














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FROM THE OTHER END : PART 1

THE CYBER FRIEND

Mission: HAYABUSA