LEFT BEHIND

 


As I looked at the photo frame
That contained my past
I couldn't really remember 
When I had smiled my last.
When I had been so carefree
And happy without a cause
Life had forwarded so much
That I forgot to pause.
The dusks with golden light
The birds singing on trees
The excitement of gully cricket
The unbound joy sprees
The gossip with the friends 
The appeals for stumping
Then the crazy runs on catch
And the funny bumpings
The expeditions to the neighbour's garden
To steal the ripe fruits
And then arrange small parties
With our tiny loots
Then suddenly from nowhere
Came our moms' calls
To enter the home as it was dark
As the evening falls.
The pleasant winds from 7PM
And the power cuts
A cherry on the cake 
If raining also starts
All of us used to run 
To the balconies
And with a torch point at
Each other's eyes
And we continued the mischief
Unless we were caught
And pulled back to the rooms
And the hustle stopped.
The morning of the next day
Instilled newer thrills
To find out newer ways
To carry out mischiefs.
The school was our training ground
True in all sense
Because here we practised
Our unique nuisance
But not for free, obviously
We had to pay a lot
Right from the kneel-downs
To the parent calls.
But that never changed us
 Nor our attitude
For a day or two, we kept quiet
Then jumped back to the mood
We did a lot of everything
But in school, we never studied
As obedience had a major issue
With me and my buddies
What will we brag about
To our juniors in the breaks
If we did all correct 
And made no mistakes?
However with all these
The day came to end
In the last periods
We used to plan with friends.
And as soon as it struck 2
And the school bell rang
We howled in utter joy
As our time has began
 To save time for the game
Toss was done in school
And the batting order was decided
Right in the carpool.


Gradually we all grew up
Boards knocked at doors
More serious we have to be
As we all have to score
And then, the scenarios all changed
As time passed
In to high school, into college
And then to the world vast
With days our experiences grew
But at heart, we are the same
Ever ready to join in 
If there's again a game
But alas all are busy now
And much far away
Although we manage to have small talks
But we can no more play
The newer life has taken a toll
And created walls so high
We can do really nothing now
Just stare at the sky and sigh.
The afternoons are lonelier
Than it ever used to be
All I find are just
The memories around me
Work has split us all along
And threw in different buckets
As our stumper used to 
Bowl out the wickets
If there is still a way, please tell me
As I want to rewind
To get back to my happiest days
That I had have left behind.

--- Lucifer Khusrao












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FROM THE OTHER END : PART 1

THE CYBER FRIEND

Mission: HAYABUSA