THE GIRL WHO SHARED HER UMBRELLA



Some incidents are so cute and amazing, that the memory of them matters more than the outcome. 
(Based on a true incident, dedicated to my friend Ramagopal)


It was a matter of a few days ago when I went on a trip
To the blissful lands of God's own country, and was greeted by a leech.
Well after all the drama, I sat on the bus,
The one provided by our college;
But life was planning to give me a surprise 
Of which, I had no knowledge.
My eyes unknowingly slid to my left, where I saw that girl
The cutest creation of the Almighty, too good to convey in words.
She had such lovely earrings, and so golden was her smile.
I closed my eyes and took a deep breath and my mind travelled a mile.
Although I don't have the flair for breaking the ice, I tried to communicate
And with the feeblest chances, I tried to open the gate.
The girl turned to me and her eyes in my eyes
I don't know how to express
But all I could do was ask her name
And she replied in such grace.
She however was a frolicking soul and started to have a chat.
I was gradually feeling some good and I tried my best to match.
We exchanged phone numbers and some basic information
Some feelings were not so deep.
And found her quite friendly to me
That pinched me from my sleep.
Yes lucks do change, I believe and now I know
Because she was an angel to me then
Someone sent to grab my loneliness 
And make me a part of this game.
We talked and talked unless we reach the destination
At Munnar, we had night's halt.
The next day as per plan, we had some sightseeing.
But this time, I carried some salt.
The rooms in the hotel were not so good,
But the food was something I liked.
The next day's sunlight instilled new hopes in me
As to the summit of expectations, I have hiked.
We reached the spot together and were strolling and enjoying
Clicking photos of nature, her and me.
Suddenly the clouds thought to bring us a bit closer
And poured on in their full spree.
My classmate went with her boyfriend, and others with their own pals
Only I was left out in the rain
I forgot to carry my umbrella there and was drenched in vain
Suddenly as a Godsent, she came to me 
And offered to share her umbrella
And I was blown with the blessing of my luck
I didn't waste a second in dilemma.
The togetherness, though not for long, 
Was all for I asked so far.
Her hand in my hand and shoulders rubbing
I found the divine elixir.
Eventually, the rain stopped and the closeness was stopped
But the closeness of heart must have grown.
Because as far as I know, girls won't share an umbrella
With guys to whom they are unknown.
All my friends were so excited, that they made me blush
But whatever they say doesn't matter, I had such a great plus
I would try further to know her and love her
And take this friendship so long
That we understand so well each other 
That we don't separate if we go wrong.
Now a week has passed, and we are all busy with tests
I think she too must be doing her best.
Even if she ignores or wishes me no more
I honestly have no regrets.
But if she accepts, I would dance out in joy
And throw a party for all my dear fellas.
And remember her throughout my life
As the girl, who shared her umbrella.

--- Lucifer Khsurao





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FROM THE OTHER END : PART 1

THE CYBER FRIEND

Mission: HAYABUSA